Need help figuring out if derm is for you?
- Speak to residents and attendings to get a sense of their research to figure out what interests you.
- See if there are any interesting cases you can write up.
- Join the DIG listserv by contacting email@example.com.
- Meet with the clerkship heads.
- See this spreadsheet.
- How to identify a good mentor for you? Similar interests in derm projects, invested in teaching
- It’s helpful to let them decide whether they have the bandwidth. One way of asking is: “Do you feel comfortable serving as a mentor based on your time availability.”
- If you feel like you connect with an attending, you can let them know that you think your interests align
- If interested in asking someone for a recommendation letter, a helpful way of wording this is: “Do you think you know me well enough to write me a strong letter of rec?” You can ask to meet with them one-on-one to chat.
For comments, questions, or feedback, please use the Contact Form below: